Day 1 – Paro-Paro (2300 mterts above sea level)
After you arrive in Paro international airport, you will be received by our representative from Colorful Bhutan Travels.
The flight into Paro on Druk Air/Bhutan airlines (only international flight) is a befitting introduction to the spectacular beauty of Bhutan. If the weather is clear you can see magnificent views of the peaks, give way to the lush green Paro valley as you land on arrival at Paro international airport.
Check in Hotel with welcoming tea or coffee. If time permits take a leisurely walk around Paro town.
Overnight halt in a hotel at Paro
DAY 02: PARO – A DAY EXCURSION TO TAKTSHANG
- Drive up to Satsam Chorten (10 km from Paro) and from there we will then hike towards Taktsang monastery, known as the “Tiger’s Nest.” Lunch at Taktsang. The hike takes about 4 hours.
- After lunch, visit Drugyal Dzong (a ruined palace), 16 km from Paro. Then we shall visit Kyichu Lhakhang (Lhakhang means temple) and the National Museum.
- Overnight in Paro.
DAY 3&4: PARO – THIMPHU (2 days)
- today after breakfast we will be riding towards Thimphu. It will take about 1 and half hour to get to Thimphu.
- on the way to Thimphu, we will make a stop at Tamcho Lhakhang, built in mid 15th century.
- once we reach Thimphu, we will then check into the hotel and after resting for a while, we will ride towards Buddha point, takin preserve and later we will ride towards nothern Thimphu.
- Next morning visit centenary farmer’s market; the Memorial Chorten and the National Library. After lunch visit the handmade paper factory and the school of Thangka painting. Stroll around town.
- later in the evening we will then visit Trashichhoe Dzong.
- Overnight in Thimphu
DAY 05: THIMPHU – WANGDUE PHODRAND VALLEY (5 hours)
- After breakfast we will ride towards Wangdue (79 km). On the way we will stop at Dochula Pass (3150 meters), for a cup of tea/coffee. on a clear day you can see the eastern Himalayan mountain ranges
- Overnight in Wangdue.
DAY 06: WANGDUE PHODRANG – TRONGSA (6 hours)
- After breakfast we will be riding and going towards Trongsa. on the way we will stop at Pelela Pass, where you can enjoy a magnificent view of the Himalayas.
- Overnight in Trongsa.
Day 07: TRONGSA – BUMTHANG VALLEY (5 hours)
- After breakfast visit Trongsa Dzong, one of the largest Dzong in the country, the former residence of the royal family. we will also visit Ta Dzong (Watch Tower) which is now converted into National Museum and stroll through the small town of Trongsa. Lunch in Trongsa.
- Ride the bike to Bumthang valley. Bumthang valley is one of the most spectacular valley in Bhutan.
- Overnight in Bumthang
DAY 08: BUMTHANG- A DAY EXCURSION TO URA VALLEY
- A day excursion to Ura Valley. Once we reach the Valley we will visit a Buddhist monastery surrounded by traditional Bhutanese farmhouses.
- Lunch in the valley of Ura.
- we will later visit the cheese factory.
- Overnight in Bumthang
DAY 09: BUMTHANG – SIGHT SEEING
- Morning visit Jampa Lhakhang, Tamshing Lhakhang and then Kencho Sum Lhakhang.
- later in the evening we will visit the Red Panda Brewery.
- Overnight guesthouse.
DAY 10: BUMTHANG – TRONGSA – WANGDUE VIA GANGTEY
- Today after early breakfast we will ride towards Wangdue Phodrang. Before proceeding towards Wangdi Phodrang we will visit Gangtey Valley, a valley situated at an altitude of 3000m.
- we will then have lunch and then ride back to Wangdue Phobjikha
- Overnight in Wangdue Phodrang
DAY 11: WANGDUE – PUNAKHA – PARO
- Ride towards the town of Punakha and visit Punakha Dzong. Punakha Dzong lies between two major rivers with a splendid view of Punakha Dzong.
- Lunch at Punakha.
- Afternoon towards Paro.
- Overnight in Paro
DAY 12: PARO – PARO INTERNATIONAL AIRPORT
- today our representative will drive you till Paro Air port for your outbound journey.
WHAT WE INCLUDE IN OUR MADE BHUTAN TOURS:
- Bhutan Tourist Tariff Royalty & Visa fees.
- All private excursions and transfers in superior air-conditioned vehicle.
- Local English speaking guide/tour leader.
- Experienced driver.
- Accommodation in carefully selected, highest standard government approved hotels & guesthouses.
- All meals in Bhutan.
- All entrance fees and permits.
- All personal expenses such as bars, beverages, laundry, telephone and tips.
- Medical / Travel Insurance.